This Page

has been moved to new address

How much do you know about menopause...take the quiz!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: How much do you know about menopause...take the quiz!!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How much do you know about menopause...take the quiz!!



Test your menopause knowledge, take the quiz!!


Leave me your answers and I'll privately send you your score...don't worry, no matter what your score,  you'll still have a great learning experience. Have fun and don't stress!


1. At what age does menopause typically begin?
     a. 40
     b. 45
     c. 50
     d. 55
2. A women is considered to be in menopause after she has missed how many menstrual cycles?
     a. 3
     b. 6
     c. 9
     d. 12
3. What factors can cause premature menopause?
     a. Smoking
     b. Autoimmune disorders
     c. A woman's mother had early menopause
     d. All of the above
4. Hot flashes are symptoms of the premenopausal stage.  How many premenopausal women experience them?
     a. 100%
     b. 75%
     c. 50%
     d. 30%
5. A blood test can help confirm if a women is beginning menopause.  The test measures the level of which of these?
     a. Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)
     b. Estrogen
     c. Progesterone
     d. Cholesterol
6. Although menopause usually does not require extra medical care, you should see your doctor if:
     a. Your periods become closer together than every 21 days
     b. Your periods last longer than seven days or are very heavy
     c. You experience bleeding between periods
     d. You experience vaginal bleeding after more than one year without a period.
     e. All of the above
7. What is the most serious adverse effect of menopause?
     a. Hot flashes
     b. Osteoporosis
     c. Heart disease
     d. b and c
8. How much bone loss does a women experience in the first five years of menopause?
     a. 10% over the five year period
     b. 5% over the five year period
     c. 3% - 5% annually
     d. 1% - 2% annually
9. Hormone therapy minimizes some of the negative effects of menopause.  Which  of these hormones is used?
     a. Estrogen
     b. Estrogen and progesterone
     c. Testosterone
     d. Prostaglandin
10. If a women experiences menopause after age 50, how long should she continue using some form of birth control? 
     a. She doesn't need to use birth control
     b. 3 months
     c. 6 months
     d. 12 months


( I will post the correct answers/explanation next Wednesday)



Disclaimer - The material provided on this site is designed for information and educational purposes only. The materials are not intended to be a self diagnostic and/or self treatment tool. I encourage you to use this information as a tool for discussing your condition with your health practitioner.

I referenced the following sites for the information contained in this post -

  1. http://pinnaclehealthresources.staywellsolutionsonline.com/YourFamily/Women/Tools/40,Menopause Quiz


Monica

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At June 15, 2011 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

1-d
2-d
3-d
4-c
5-b
6-e
7-d
8-b
9-b
10-d
Those are mostly guesses
I guess we should all really know more a about menopause!! Thanks for the sites!
ps. I didn't peek!

 
At June 15, 2011 at 5:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting older myself--I am soooo ignoring these questions lol

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following---I'm your newest follower :)

http://whisperedthoughtsbookreviews.blogspot.com/

 
At June 15, 2011 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I had no idea how little I knew about menopause.... except for the hot flashes. I've already started getting those! Jessica @FoundtheMarbles

 
At June 15, 2011 at 11:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the follow! As far as the menopause test- I am also ignoring along with Whispering Peace-HAHA I am at that wonderful menopausal age & I guess I am still trying to be in denial. I'm your newest follower from Grandma's Secrets to Savings!

 
At June 15, 2011 at 11:53 PM , Blogger Mel Creates Often said...

Thanks for the follow. I'm your newest follower, too! I know none of these answers - that's terrible!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 4:02 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I wonder how much I know! I can't wait to see the answers!

I am stopping by from the I ♥ Blogging hop, thank you for joining our hop! www.mooseandtater.com

 
At June 16, 2011 at 7:03 AM , Blogger MikiHope said...

I am one of the lucky ones--stopped young--no hot flashes--no symptoms!!
I am following you back!!

Michele aka MikiHope
www.mikishope.com

 
At June 16, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love your site. New GFC follower. Would love a visit/follow to my blog when you have a moment. Donna
http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home