This Page

has been moved to new address

Living Green, One Tip at a Time - (a weekly feature)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: Living Green, One Tip at a Time - (a weekly feature)

Friday, May 27, 2011

Living Green, One Tip at a Time - (a weekly feature)

I'm going to change it up a little from the last few weeks.

Living Green, One Tip at a Time -  

Tip #  9 - "Blackle"

Next time you need to "Google" something, use "Blackle"...it saves energy!!  
 Blackle is a website powered by Google Custom Search  and aims to save energy by displaying a black background and using grayish-white font color for search results. 
The concept behind Blackle is that computer monitors can be made to use less energy by displaying much darker colors. This idea was first brought to the attention of Efap Media by a blog post, which estimated that Google could save 750 megawatt hours a year by utilizing it for CRT screens. 
The homepage of Blackle provides a count of the number of watt hours claimed to have been saved.  Check it out at http://www.blackle.com/

Monica






Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At May 27, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Su said...

I've heard of it before, but I've always heard of people being skeptical about it. Does that really save energy?

 
At May 30, 2011 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Lisa Weidknecht said...

I save water by letting my dog pre-rinse dishes before they go in the dishwasher. I'm a new follower! Come follow me too?

 
At May 31, 2011 at 12:29 PM , Blogger MMAR said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing! I had never heard of that!! Thanks for stopping by Keeping Up With The Rheinlander's! I have been a follower for a while and look forward to your post!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Quirky Homemaker said...

Wow! That's pretty cool! Thanks for the info! I've never even heard of that before.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home