This Page

has been moved to new address

A - Z Blogging Challenge - J

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: A - Z Blogging Challenge - J

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A - Z Blogging Challenge - J

OK, I'm not going to lie...I felt I was going to have a tough time coming up with a "J" recipe.  Then, I remembered this jelly roll which I have made several times for Thanksgiving.  Hope you enjoy!!

 “J”


Jelly Roll - Pumpkin

3 eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup cooked, pureed pumpkin (you can use canned "pure" pumpkin)
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp.salt
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Grease 10"x15" jelly roll pan.  Line with parchment paper and grease paper.  Beat eggs until foamy, add sugar and beat until thick and creamy.  Slowly beat in pumpkin.  Sift the remaining ingredients over the pumpkin mixture and fold in. 
Bake in 375 degree F. oven for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Have prepared a clean tea towel which has been dusted with icing sugar.  Turn cake out onto sugared cloth and starting at short side roll cake and towel together.  Cool on rack and fill with Cream Cheese Filling, then re-roll.

Cream Cheese Filling -
250g softened cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Beat all ingredients together until creamy.  Spread over cooled cake and re-roll.  Dust with sifted icing sugar.

Monica

Labels:

20 Comments:

At April 12, 2011 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Another yummy recipe. You know, outside the US, we don't use pumpkin much except for soups so I'm definitely going to try this one out. Thanks!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

This sounds yummy and so easy(you make it sound that way, anyway) I'll have to try this one.

 
At April 12, 2011 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just stopping by this morning! Thanks for the recipe.
gigglelaughcry.blogspot.com

 
At April 12, 2011 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Áine Tierney said...

I've never made a roll. Must give it a try.

 
At April 12, 2011 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Darlene said...

That sounds yummy. My hubby loves pumpkin jelly rolls.

 
At April 12, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Rae said...

Can I come to your house and be a taste tester?

 
At April 12, 2011 at 11:13 AM , Blogger the writing pad said...

Hi
This sounds good - I don't think we have Jelly Rolls in the UK - maybe it's called a Swiss Roll here? (So, there's one for 'S' as well!!)
Thanks for all the recipes - have recommended the blog to a couple of friends, always on the look out for new things to try :-)
All best
Karla

 
At April 12, 2011 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Monica - a great soup is with pumpkin, sweet potatoes and an onion. Easy peasy and good.

 
At April 12, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Blogger エイプリル said...

It does indeed sound really good. I know a few people who might really enjoy this!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Sarah Allan said...

That sounds delicious, Monica! The desserts around the holidays are often the best part.

 
At April 12, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Donna K. Weaver said...

Jelly roll--yum!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I so look forward to your recipes.... and promise myself "I WILL try this one"!! I love desserts and especially Jelly Rolls.

 
At April 12, 2011 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Marjorie said...

I'm so hungry right now and this post did not help! haha!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Ruth said...

Awesome. I have tons of pumpkin sitting in my freezer.
Thanks for checking out my blog and following. I'm a new follower of yours too.

welcome to me

yummy stuff

 
At April 12, 2011 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Shelli said...

A friend of mine made this for me once. It was heavenly!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Luana Krause said...

I've never made a jelly roll but I'm gonna have to give this one a try. Looks good.

 
At April 12, 2011 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

You make me soooo hungry.

Lisa
http://prompted2write.blogspot.com/2011/04/joker.html

 
At April 12, 2011 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Brianna said...

Oooh! This sounds delicious!

 
At April 13, 2011 at 2:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds super yummy.

 
At April 17, 2011 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Margaret Hall said...

What a delightful surprise for company or to take as a gift~!! Thanks for sharing, sounds wonderful...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home