This Page

has been moved to new address

A - Z Blogging Challenge - F

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: A - Z Blogging Challenge - F

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A - Z Blogging Challenge - F


My husband and children LOVE this recipe, however, I usually only make it once or twice a year.  When you look at the ingredients, you'll understand!!   But hey, we all need a treat once in a while!!!



 “F”   

Fettuccine Alfredo

1 pound fettuccine
½ cup butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped parsley
Freshly ground pepper
Salt

Bring a large pot of  water to a boil, add a generous amount of salt.  Cook the fettuccini until al dente. Meanwhile in a separate pot melt the butter. Add the garlic and sauté briefly.  Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Stir in the cheese.   Add the parsley together with the cooked pasta, straight from being strained. Season with freshly ground pepper, toss well to combine and serve immediately.

Monica

Labels:

16 Comments:

At April 7, 2011 at 6:53 AM , Blogger Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Like your daily recipes!

Duncan In Kuantan

 
At April 7, 2011 at 7:13 AM , Blogger Mercy said...

Great recipe, but I know what you mean. I make it very rarely for the same reasons, but oh is it yummy!

 
At April 7, 2011 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

Ye this one's a keeper for sure! Well done...

 
At April 7, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Liz P said...

Oh oh... My weakness - pasta. I'll have to try your recipe. I haven't had alfredo in awhile...

 
At April 7, 2011 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Retired Knitter said...

I used to love this until one time in a restaurant I saw it made, really understood what was in it, and then couldn't enjoy it. Too rich, too many calories and too bad for my heart. But my mouth and tummy love it.

 
At April 7, 2011 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Rae said...

Pasta is my downfall when dieting. Now- thanks to you- Fettuccine Alfredo is now my downfall~!:)

 
At April 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a yummy recipe----too bad the pasta and rich stuff is off my diet for awhile. :-(

 
At April 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Tanyia said...

oh dear, this is a huge weakness for me, sounds delicious!!!

 
At April 7, 2011 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Karen Jones Gowen said...

I always wonder how they made this creamy goodness. I've eaten it in restaurants, no wonder I stayed for 3 days afterward.

 
At April 7, 2011 at 11:54 AM , Blogger shelly said...

Reads yummy!

 
At April 7, 2011 at 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never made the sauce from scratch. It sounds super easy and delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

 
At April 7, 2011 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Marjorie said...

MMMM, I love alfredo sauce. Maybe that's why I'm holding onto a few extra pounds.

 
At April 7, 2011 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love, love, love pasta. It is good for you, isn't it?

 
At April 7, 2011 at 6:11 PM , Blogger Margaret Hall said...

Of course, of course~!! MY all time fave pasta~!! THANKS...
Will see you for "G"..

http://timeforabucketlist.blogspot.com/
http://imagesinthought.blogspot.com/
http://the-old-story-tree.blogspot.com/
http://bagladythoughts.blogspot.com/

 
At April 8, 2011 at 6:42 AM , Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh yeah, anything with cheese, the kids love. That's one you should teach the kids to make themselves, because it's so easy.

 
At April 10, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Karen M. Peterson said...

This sounds so yummy. I'm always looking for a good alfredo recipe. Good ones are surprisingly tough to come by.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home