This Page

has been moved to new address

A - Z Blogging Challenge - E

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: A - Z Blogging Challenge - E

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A - Z Blogging Challenge - E

I know, I know,  you think this is something your mother made for an appetizer.  Well, she did, but todays devilled eggs are redone, totally "retro" and the "in" appetizer!!  Plus, they're super easy and really inexpensive!!
(The recipe sounds a bit complicated, but, really, it's not) 

  “E”


 Eggs - Devilled

12 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
4 Tbsp. good quality mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Tbsp finely chopped dill, plus more for garnish  (optional)
1/2 cup finely chopped smoked salmon (optional)
salt and pepper to taste


Place eggs in a large pot and cover with cold water.  Bring to a boil.  As soon as they begin to boil, cover and turn off heat.  Let stand for 12 minutes.  Drain eggs then cover with cold water.  Set aside to cool.  When cool, remove shell and slice eggs in half, lengthwise.  Carefully remove yolks to a medium bowl and set whites aside.

Using a fork, finely mash eggs.  Add next 4 ingredients and combine until creamy, fold in chopped salmon.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Using a small spoon (or pastry bag if you wish), fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture.  Garnish with chopped dill.  Keep refridgerated, loosely covered until ready to serve.

(Optional - if you're not a lover of salmon you could replace the salmon & dill with 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and 2 Tbsp., plus garnish, of finely chopped flat leaf  (Italian) parsley.)

Monica

Labels:

18 Comments:

At April 6, 2011 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Tori Cooper said...

You keep posting my favorites..yum!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Katie O'Sullivan said...

We have an annual neighborhood cocktail party each June, and my husband insists I bring his favorite - deviled eggs. Maybe I'll surprise him with yours this year ;-)

 
At April 6, 2011 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

I may just give these a try. They sound yummy, especially with the salmon.

 
At April 6, 2011 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Tanyia said...

MMmmmm, deviled eggs! Not a holiday around here without them!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Christine said...

What a great idea doing recipes. Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way. Hope you'll come back.

 
At April 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

I love deviled eggs, so I'll be very interested to try this variation!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Southpaw said...

I love deviled eggs - who doesn't?

 
At April 6, 2011 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Marjorie said...

Sour cream instead of mustard? Interesting. I might have to try that.

 
At April 6, 2011 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Melissa Dean said...

I love deviled eggs. Thanks for such a great recipe. I'm now following you, too!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 3:05 PM , Blogger the writing pad said...

Heard of them,of course, but never knew till now how to make them. Sounds straighforward enough, even for me - will give it a try :-)
Many thanks
All best
karla

 
At April 6, 2011 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said...

I LOVE devilled eggs!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Luana Krause said...

I'm the one at the party that scarfs down the deviled eggs. My favorite party food!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 4:55 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Yummy. I have egg allergies unless the eggs are cooked completely. Any suggestion on how long I would need to boil eggs to be SURE they are fully cooked?

Lisa
InspiredbyLisa

 
At April 6, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Claire Goverts said...

Those sound wonderful, I'll have to try them sometime. I love deviled eggs.

 
At April 6, 2011 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Nicole McLaughlin said...

yum!! I love deviled eggs...even though my husband gets so annoyed with the smell of them boiling! ha!

 
At April 7, 2011 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Margaret Hall said...

Love deviled eggs~! Thanks for posting...
Now on to "F"...

http://timeforabucketlist.blogspot.com/
http://imagesinthought.blogspot.com/
http://the-old-story-tree.blogspot.com/
http://bagladythoughts.blogspot.com/

 
At April 8, 2011 at 10:37 PM , Blogger Shelli said...

This is fancier than the deviled eggs I usually make. I'll have to try your recipe. I like that it doesn't have so much mayonnaise.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Suzanne said...

That sounds great, and just in time for Easter. I tried to make fancier devilled eggs one time, and the recipe called for chopped almonds. What a big mistake! Everyone eating them thought I had accidentally left bits of shell in the eggs. Never again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home