This Page

has been moved to new address

A - Z Blogging Challenge - I

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: A - Z Blogging Challenge - I

Monday, April 11, 2011

A - Z Blogging Challenge - I



This is my go to icing when I want to frost a chocolate layer cake...




  “I”



Icing

1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
dash of salt

Combine above ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved.  Remove from heat. 

2 egg whites (unbeaten and placed in a large mixing bowl)
1 tsp. vanilla

Very, very slowly pour hot syrup into the egg whites, beating constantly with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.  (Approximately 7 minutes).  Beat in the vanilla.  Frosts tops and sides of  two 8" or  9" layers or one 10" tube cake.

Monica

Labels:

10 Comments:

At April 11, 2011 at 6:51 AM , Blogger Bob Scotney said...

May I lick the bowl out please?

 
At April 11, 2011 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Liz P said...

Yum! Who doesn't love icing?

 
At April 11, 2011 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

sounds like a soft and wonderful dream frosting~

 
At April 11, 2011 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Luana Krause said...

My favorite "I" word! I love baking...and eating...cakes.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Rosalind Adam said...

Is it tea time yet? Delicious.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Shelli said...

Yum! Now I want cake for breakfast. :)

 
At April 11, 2011 at 6:32 PM , Blogger Ashraf said...

so nice
thank you for a nice doing...
www.touristtripeg.blogspot.com

 
At April 11, 2011 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

Mmmmm sounds yummy indeed! You're making me hungry!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Jeff Beesler said...

If I could eat nothing but icing and not suffer adverse health effects, I would! Thanks for sharing this on the letter I day!

 
At April 17, 2011 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Margaret Hall said...

Now I am starving for some really GOOD icing such as this for a yellow cake...THANKS~!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home