This Page

has been moved to new address

Our book club's choice for November

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: Our book club's choice for November

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our book club's choice for November


Our book club's choice for November is The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.  


  " In Mongolia, when a dog dies, he is buried high in the hills so people cannot walk on his grave. The dog's master whispers into the dog's ear his wishes that the dog will return as a man in his next life.  Then his tail is cut off and put beneath his head, and a piece of meat or fat is placed in his mouth to sustain his soul on its journey; before he is reincarnated, the dog's soul is freed to travel the land, to run across the high desert plains for as long as it would like.
   I learned that from a program on the National Geographic channel, so I believe it is true.  Not all dogs return as men, they say; only those who are ready. 
    I am ready."


(Excerpt from The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein)

  • Have you read this book?
  • What did you thin of it?
  • Does reading this excerpt make you want to read the book?
I'm thinking that our book club meeting in November is going to be very lively and animated.  Lots of opinions and great discussion.  I can hardly wait!! 

Monica

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At October 25, 2011 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Pondside said...

I have this book and brought it with me on this business trip - can't wait to start it tonight.

 
At October 25, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this looks great. I'm trying to put a list together for 2012 of 25 I want to read.

 
At October 25, 2011 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Lori said...

I think I will have to look for this one ~ sounds intriguing!

 
At October 26, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

I read this last year ... it's good.

 
At October 27, 2011 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Laura O in AK said...

I haven't read this title, but the cover is quite appealing.

Visiting from the Alexa Blog hop today and hope you'll stop by my blog sometime.

Laura O in AK
http://daybydayinourworld.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home