This Page

has been moved to new address

"Sarah's Key" by Tatiana DeRosnay

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: "Sarah's Key" by Tatiana DeRosnay

Thursday, October 13, 2011

"Sarah's Key" by Tatiana DeRosnay



     This was the September read for the book club I belong to.  I just recently finished it....I know I'm very late, but even though we had already met, I wanted to finish the book.
     In case you haven't read it I won't say too much.  I found the story very powerful and heart wrenching.   It originates in Paris in 1942 and provides haunting details of how the French authorities cooperated with the Nazis with regard to the movement of its Jewish citizens to the death camps. The majority of our book club members had no knowledge of this Paris event and were overwhelmingly appalled by the events which took place during the Vel d'Hiv round-up.
     To me, it was written in a bit of an unusual manner, for much of the book, the chapters flip back and forth between the past and the present. However, it really wasn't distracting once you realized what was happening. 
     The other thing I will say is this, if you have not yet read this book, you should! 
  • Did you read it?
  • What did you think?
  • Did it hold any surprises for you?
  • Did you like how it ended?
Monica

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At October 13, 2011 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Shirley said...

I haven't yet read Sarah's Key but it is definitely on my must read list! Thanks for the review.

 
At October 13, 2011 at 11:46 PM , Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

I read it last year. I liked the story with Sarah but didn't like the modern story ... I found her too wimpy (I'm trying to not say too much). I wonder what the movie will be like.

 
At October 14, 2011 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Monica said...

Teena, I wasn't aware there was going to be a movie...I find I'm usually somewhat disappointed in movies that are created from books.

 
At October 14, 2011 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Chef in Training said...

I haven't read it but it sounds interesting. I am your newest follower from the blog hop! i would love it if you would follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

 
At October 14, 2011 at 11:45 PM , Blogger Just Another Blogger said...

Found you on Find New Friend Blog Hop!
Me ---> www.littlecrunchy.com

 
At October 15, 2011 at 1:48 AM , Blogger Pondside said...

I haven't read this one yet - began but couldn't continue as I felt that I needed to read it when I'm in a different mood. I've since also had a recommendation to read her next book.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home