This Page

has been moved to new address

Living Green, One Tip at a Time - (a weekly feature)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: Living Green, One Tip at a Time - (a weekly feature)

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Living Green, One Tip at a Time - (a weekly feature)

Tip # 30


After use, hang your bath or shower towel to dry!


I don't find a thing wrong with, after my bath or shower, hanging my towel to dry and reusing it for a few days.  
I'm just out of the bath or shower so I'm clean.  I'm only using the towel to dry my clean skin...therefore, the towel isn't really getting dirty.
Washing load after load of still clean towels just doesn't make sense, environmentally, financially or time management wise.


What are your thoughts on this practice?
Do you hang your towels to dry?
Do you think reusing your own towel is unhygienic?


Monica

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At October 22, 2011 at 1:24 AM , Blogger Pondside said...

We always reuse our towels - a his and a hers. I find it terribly wasteful to throw a big, thick bath towel into the laundry basket after it's been used once. After all, as you say, we are as clean as we'll ever be when we use them!

 
At October 22, 2011 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

I like the his and hers idea though. I used to use one towel more than once when the children were little.Then, we got away from that when they all grown and gone. It's a great idea to save time, energy and the environment....and don't forget the line drying with them.

 
At October 22, 2011 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

I use my towel for a couple days. Saves the wear and tear on the towel, soap and water to wash it and my time (which I don't have a lot of).

 
At October 22, 2011 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Sonja said...

hHi there! I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Would love a follow back at http://www.toeuropewithkids.com/
Thanks!

 
At October 23, 2011 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Colie's Kitchen said...

Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

 
At October 23, 2011 at 7:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have been using my bath towel 2 or 3 times for quite a few years now. Like you I don't see how drying my already clean body would soil the towel!! Now to convince my hubby to do likewise...Love your "green" tips!!

 
At October 23, 2011 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Amanda @ Gratefully Growing in Grace said...

I am always shocked when I hear of people using a towel once only before washing. Like you said, I use it when I'm clean! We use our towels 3 days and then wash them. For some reason since we got married, he always uses one color and I always use another.

 
At October 24, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Monica!

We always use our towels a couple of times before washing for the very reasons you mentioned. We all have our own towels here at home so it's ok. :)

Alice

 
At October 24, 2011 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Quirky Homemaker said...

We hang and re-use. We would never stop doing laundry otherwise. I already can't keep up with all of it! Plus, like you said, you are clean when you come out of the shower.

 
At October 25, 2011 at 7:41 PM , Blogger Lori said...

We also hang and reuse ~ it just makes sense!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home