This Page

has been moved to new address

I just made these yummy muffins....they're so good!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: I just made these yummy muffins....they're so good!!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I just made these yummy muffins....they're so good!!

     Today I had some bananas that were getting over ripe.  Usually I make banana bread or peel the bananas and freeze them for future banana breads.  I love banana bread...but, quite frankly, the thought of another one just held no appeal.
     So, I headed off to look through my trusty cookbooks.   Several hours later I emerged from a pile of cookbooks, recipe cards and magazines and asked myself...what was I looking for??  Oh yes, something to do with the dreaded, rotting bananas. 
     So, once again I dove in and started looking for a banana recipe, this time I vowed to focus and not become distracted by all those recipes, tips, and cooking techniques!! lol


This is the final result (minus 1 muffin...... you must have quality control!!) ...




...Banana Chip Muffins and they are so good!!
Just in case you have a bowl of rotting bananas, here is the recipe - 


Banana Chip Muffins

1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk or buttermilk
3 medium bananas, mashed
     Place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, whisk well to combine.  Make a well in the centre.
     In a separate bowl, beat egg until frothy.  Mix in oil, milk and bananas. 
    Pour into well in first bowl.  Stir gently to moisten. 
    Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full and bake in 400 degree F. oven for 20 -25 minutes.  
    Makes 10 - 12  large muffins.
    YUMMY!!


Monica

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At October 13, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'll have to try this. They look delicious and I'll bet they were. :)I love banana bread too, but sometimes a good muffin is best.

 
At October 13, 2011 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

Mmm...had one for breakfast and they are delicious:) Thanks!!!

 
At October 13, 2011 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These sound soooo good!!
Saying hi from the trick-or-tease-blog-hop. New GFC follower. I hope you'll follow back!
Connie
http://www.peanutbutterandwhine.com

 
At October 13, 2011 at 11:46 PM , Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

I love love love banana muffins!

 
At October 16, 2011 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I just put a batch of pumpkin muffins in the oven but I am on a cooking spree so can easily take out the frozen bananas.

 
At October 16, 2011 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Delena said...

Oh those muffins sound delicious I want to make them soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home