This Page

has been moved to new address

Living Green, One Tip at a Time - (a weekly feature)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: Living Green, One Tip at a Time - (a weekly feature)

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Living Green, One Tip at a Time - (a weekly feature)

Tip # 26

Buy Local....
...it's that wonderful time of the year when all the markets and roadside stands are bursting with fresh produce! Support your community growers by creating a Saturday morning family adventure by visiting your local markets, farm stands and u-picks.
In fact, in about 10 minutes,  my sister and I are heading off to a local farmers market and then on to a market called "Harvesting the Arts".  Should be a fun day!!
Do you like to shop at local farmers markets?


Monica

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At September 24, 2011 at 2:49 PM , Blogger nicolthepickle (Nicole Graham) said...

I love, love Farmer`s Markets. My dad is a baker and I grew up spending every Saturday at one.
I have a huge appreciation for fresh croissants, and spring rolls.
Where I live now though. The market is pathetic. It`s not that special anymore.

 
At September 24, 2011 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Discovering the Me in Mommy said...

We just got back from our farmer's market, and I just love going there!

 
At September 25, 2011 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Good Girl Gone Green said...

YES! YES! YES! I love farmers markets. I love eating fresh local foods that are not sprayed! Hope you enjoyed "Harvesting the ARts" yesterday!

 
At September 25, 2011 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Had a wonderful time @ Farmers Market yesterday, despite the rain, I intend to grab some more family and make it (at least) a monthy event!! Great time at Harvesting the Arts in King Square with a different kind of product, but equally as inviting!!

 
At September 26, 2011 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

I love farmers markets, for the fresh produce, baked goods and local crafter's. There's always something interesting to be found.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home