This Page

has been moved to new address

"E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial"

Sunday, September 18, 2011

"E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial"

I'm watching E.T. on Bravo, this is undoubtedly one of my favourite movies of all time.   Wow, I just checked to see when it was released and I can hardly believe it's almost 30 years old!
 In case you're from another planet and have never seen this amazing movie, here are the details.   It is a 1982 film co-produced and directed by Steven Spielberg, written by Melissa Mathison and starring Henry Thomas (as Elliott), Dee Wallace, Robert MacNaughton, Drew Barrymore (as an adorable little pre-schooler) and Peter Coyote.  It tells the story of Elliot, a boy who befriends a stranded extraterrestrial, who he calls E.T..  Elliott and his brother and sister try to help the extraterrestrial return home while keeping him hidden from their mother and the government employees who are searching for him. 



Who could ever forget E.T first saying "ELL...I...OTT"  or his heartbreaking "ET...phone...home!"
Awhhh....I love this movie and it brings back such great memories!!


Monica

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At September 18, 2011 at 12:43 AM , Blogger XLMIC said...

Agreed! Fantastic memories! Just thinking about it makes me smile :)

 
At September 18, 2011 at 7:17 AM , Blogger shelly said...

I love the movie, too. Reeses Pieces got their stardom from that movie, too.

 
At September 18, 2011 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

I remember taking three of my daughters to see the movie, when they were little...and they cried all the way home.
The movie is a classic for sure.

 
At September 18, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Tonja said...

One of my favorites too.

 
At September 18, 2011 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Chestnut Grove Academy said...

One of my favs as well! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At September 18, 2011 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Jeryl M. said...

At first, I never wanted to see ET, but when I did I was pleasantly surprised and I loved it. I am a GFC follower. Visit my daughter and I at our blog, Says Me Says Mom (http://saysmesaysmom.blogspot.com)where today we are talking about favorite movies.

 
At September 18, 2011 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this movie!!!
Following you back from Life With Two Boys :)
I'd love for you to join the Under the Tree giveaway event happening Nov 8-14.. No fees to participate!!
http://life-with-two-boys.blogspot.com/2011/09/under-tree-giveaway-event-sign-up.html

 
At September 18, 2011 at 9:15 PM , Blogger Denise McDonough said...

I always dreamed of have et as my pet growing up lol...

Thanks for coming over to mommy2nanny3doggy1 :) ur blog is awesome I'm going to go read more :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home