This Page

has been moved to new address

A walk in the woods

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: A walk in the woods

Friday, September 16, 2011

A walk in the woods



My sister and I just returned from a brisk hike on Matthew's Brook Trail, located here in Quispamsis, NB. 
It is such a beautiful, dare I say it, "fall-like" day.  The sun is shining and there is a definite chill in the air. 
While walking we were marvelling at the "flora and fauna".  We saw squirrels, heard lots of birds chirping, there were signs of deer having munched on some fallen apples, we saw several types of mushrooms (I would love to know if they are edible), lots of mosses and ferns, fir trees, spruce trees, fragrant cedar trees, apple trees and many varieties of wild flowers.  Yes, we even saw quite a few magnificently coloured leaves that had fallen from maple, ash and birch trees. 
The calendar may still read summer, however, the surroundings are reading fall.
We didn't have a camera with us, so I've "borrowed" these two pictures from my sister over at Oak Lawn Images...they weren't taken this morning but they do portray the feel of the day!

Next time we go for a walk,  I'll ask her to bring her camera, then I can show you exactly how pretty it is!
What is it like where you live? 
Are there any signs of the approaching autumn?


Monica

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 16, 2011 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

Wow, what a great post! I was just thinking how negligent I've been in my own blog postings. You described our walk this morning to a tee. Next time I will bring my camera! Thanks for the description and showing my photos.

 
At September 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Hard to believe the leaves will be changing soon. Where did summer go?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home