This Page

has been moved to new address

Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) - The Silent Killer

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) - The Silent Killer

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) - The Silent Killer


Myth 3: High blood pressure is always caused by a poor diet and lack of activity.
There are some diet and lifestyle factors that can certainly increase your risk of high blood pressure. Some of the major factors include eating too much salt, a lack of regular physical activity or being overweight or obese. However, some of the risk factors for high blood pressure are things that you cannot control such as:
  • Age (about half of people over the age of 65 have high blood pressure)
  • Family history of high blood pressure
  • Ethnicity (high blood pressure is more common among people who are of African, South Asian or First Nations, Inuit or Métis heritage.)
If you belong to an at-risk group, talk to your doctor about your blood pressure as soon as possible. Make sure you are getting regular blood pressure checks and listening to your doctor’s advice on the best preventive measures.



(Next week - Myth # 4)

The information contained in this post was obtained from  -

Monica


Disclaimer

The material provided on this site is designed for information and educational purposes only. The materials are not intended to be a self diagnostic and/or self treatment tool. I encourage you to use this information as a tool for discussing your condition with your health practitioner.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At July 20, 2011 at 3:03 AM , Blogger Marlee said...

Way to go myth busting! Great blog, I'm a happy new follower :).

http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com

 
At July 20, 2011 at 9:37 AM , Blogger lindy said...

So glad to see such a useful site, what a great idea for a blog!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

This is great info. We've got high blood pressure in the family (and high stress levels) so this is one place where I am extra careful!

Jessica @FoundtheMarbles

 
At July 20, 2011 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Kristen@CountryFitFamily said...

Thanks for following me at http://babygiveawaysgalore.blogspot.com/

I'm now following you via GFC, Twitter & Facebook.

 
At July 20, 2011 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Pondside said...

Well, you already know why such a post has huge meaning for me. I urge everyone to pay attention to this and if you have high BP get treatment - and tell your adult children to do the same!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Blogger highheeledlife said...

Great post and info!!! Thanks for visiting .. I'm in Ontario... and now following your blog too!!! HHL

 
At July 21, 2011 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

My family does have a history of high BP. Ty for sharing this.. :/
HI! I found you on A Helicopter Mom's Alexa Hop.
Commenting to help you lower your alexa! Please comment back and help me lower mine too!
I have a TON of giveaways right now in my July Archive on the right sidebar for some really great prizes, and way more coming soon too.

If you have any you want to add to my linky, just click the tiger picture on the left sidebar underneath my top 3 popular posts! It will take you to my linky list! (If you have a linky compilation feel free to add it.)

Anyway, besides all of that, just please comment back to help me lower mine. I have noticed a lot of people don't comment back... LOL! Thanks!
Have a great day and just say no to Captcha! Btw thats not me being "snarky") I am just being totally honest. Things apparently get taken out of context when tone of voice is not a part of a conversation (Like comments!) . I am sorry if this is not relevant to your blog post, just didn't know where else to write it. Thanks to Learning to Limit for being rude about it though... I am totally not trying to be rude at all. Just 100% honest. I always am. (Ms Learning to Limit told me my comment was "snarky, rude & irrelevant" (I wrote the same comment on her blog.) Im sorry, but when commenting on 80 blogs, with 4 reviews due, i just simply don't have time to read and comment on everyone's blogs relevantly. I have 2 kids to raise! I hope you understand, please do not do like her and be rude...

 
At July 23, 2011 at 12:23 PM , Blogger alvispetter said...

High blood pressure usually causes no symptoms and top blood pressure generally is labeled the bashful killer. People who accept top claret burden about don't apperceive it until their blood pressure is measured.

Tummy Tuck

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home