This Page

has been moved to new address

A - Z Blogging Challenge - M

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: A - Z Blogging Challenge - M

Friday, April 15, 2011

A - Z Blogging Challenge - M

I make these biscuits two or three times a month.  They're  simple to make and delicious!!  I find the secret to light, fluffy biscuits is to be very gentle with the ingredients, not  overhandle the dough and  to refridgerate the pan of prepared biscuits for 30 minutes before placing them in the oven.  You want them to be very cold!!


“M”
Mile High Biscuits

2 cups all purpose flour
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cream of tarter

1/2 cup cold butter (cut into small pieces)
1 cup cold milk

Place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together.  Cut in butter until mixture looks crumbly.  (I use my hands but I always refridgerate biscuits before baking to re-chill butter).  Make a well in center of the flour mixture, pour in the cold milk, stir gently to combine.  Dough will still be a little sticky. Turn out onto a floured surface.  Knead gently 8-10 times.  Pat dough until 3/4 inch thick or half the thickness you would like the finished product to be.  Cut into squares or cut into circles using cookie cutter.  Place on parchment lined baking sheet  and bake in 450 degree F. oven for 12-15 minutes.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At April 15, 2011 at 6:39 AM , Blogger Katie O'Sullivan said...

Sound good!
I made Quiche for dinner last night, for the first time, mind you... and was wondering if you have a simple Quiche recipe in the works for Q day... hoping so ;-)

 
At April 15, 2011 at 6:39 AM , Blogger Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Is there a 'lofty' reason why they're called 'Mile High'?!

Duncan In Kuantan

 
At April 15, 2011 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

I am such a big bread person, no mater what kind they are all my weakness... thats for the recipe!

 
At April 15, 2011 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

Oh I would love to make these and have them turn out...mine are usually a food disaster.
Thanks for posting! Maybe mine will turn out this time, too.

 
At April 15, 2011 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think even I could manage these cookies. Gentle hand? I've got a gentle hand, sometimes. Thank you! By the way, I don't live in the States - could you give a recipe one day for something that is really, truly, traditionally US? Like key-lime pie? (Oh dammit, k's gone)

 
At April 15, 2011 at 12:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only once had success with biscuits but then lost the recipe. I will give these ago.
Found your blog via the A-Z challenge. Following You! Come on over and say "hi".
Blue Velvet Vincent

 
At April 15, 2011 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Rae said...

I'm a big fat fraud! My husband thinks I make homemade biscuits,but I always use the Pioneer Baking Mix. I told my kids that they can tell him the truth after I die. Anytime before that- and I'm in trouble! Maybe I'll have to try your recipe and drop the charade!

 
At April 15, 2011 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Ann said...

You are making Lent very hard for me.

 
At April 15, 2011 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Marjorie said...

My mom likes to bake. She would really like this recipe.

 
At April 15, 2011 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

Congratulations on the well deserved Beautiful Mom Award!!

 
At April 15, 2011 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Ella said...

Congrats on your award; Thanks for sharing!

 
At April 17, 2011 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Margaret Hall said...

Biscuits and butter, biscuits and gravy, biscuits and marmalade..you NAME IT, I love it if it's name is BISCUIT~!! THANKS for the post!

http://timeforabucketlist.blogspot.com/
http://imagesinthought.blogspot.com/
http://the-old-story-tree.blogspot.com/
http://bagladythoughts.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home