This Page

has been moved to new address

Road Trip - Heading Home

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: Road Trip - Heading Home

Monday, October 10, 2011

Road Trip - Heading Home



I’m writing this on the way home from our “half way “cross country road trip.  Leaving is always bitter sweet; you’re happy to be heading home but sad to be leaving behind,  the people you love.  
I had an amazing visit with my son; we were able to have lots of mother son time.  One day, while he was at work I happily spent my day cooking, baking, and filling his freezer with home-made goodies.
One night of my visit we went out for a really great dinner...the appetizer we shared was called a “Ploughman’s Platter” and was filled with roasted garlic, sliced baguette, a couple different cheeses, pate, pickled onions, a garlic and onion relish and quail eggs!  I had never had them before and I was very excited to give them a try.  They were served whole and hard boiled.  They looked and tasted just like tiny regular eggs.
I was able to spend a couple more days in Chateauguay with my friends and their aunt and uncle.  Their aunt and uncle were so sweet to me; they took me in and treated me like one of the family.
I ate so much on this trip that I feel like I’m a stuffed turkey, ready for the oven.
Hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving!!


Monica

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At October 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Pondside said...

Well, that answers my email question! Wishing you a safe journey home!

 
At October 10, 2011 at 10:36 PM , Blogger FirstComesBaby said...

Hope you had a great on time (Canadian) Thanksgiving also! Thanks for coming by my blog! Following you back now!
Angela @ First Comes Baby...

 
At October 11, 2011 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Greetings from Jamaica Monica! I am glad you had such a wonderful time. I have not yet had breakfast and I am now feeling hungry!:) I am happy to become a follower of your Blog. Thanks for becoming a Follower of my Blog and have a good day.
Judy - JUDY H-J'S THOUGHTS

 
At October 11, 2011 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Deb said...

Glad you had a wonderful time visiting your son and friends. Wasn't the weather glorious this past long weekend, imagine we had our Thanksgiving dinner on the patio in Dorval, Que!

foxydebs@hotmail.com

 
At October 11, 2011 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Shana said...

Glad you had a great time! Quail eggs--sounds interesting. Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from Get Connected Tuesday Blog Hop. Would love a follow back on my blog: Prowling Books In the Lair. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home