This Page

has been moved to new address

Taking "Ten Amazing Foods" one step further!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: Taking "Ten Amazing Foods" one step further!!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Taking "Ten Amazing Foods" one step further!!

I'm on a bit of a recipe kick right now, so for ten Wednesdays I'll give you a healthy recipe,  one for each of the "10 Amazing Foods" from the March 30th post -

The fourth on my list of amazing foods is broccoli and the recipe to go with it is a favourite at our house:

Broccoli Salad
5 cups bite sized pieces of broccoli florets
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Dressing
2/3 cup low fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar
4 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
Combine salad ingredients in a bowl.  Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over salad, stir to combine.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At April 27, 2011 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Rae said...

Yummy! I make something similar...broccoli and raisins with Ranch dressing! Good stuff!

 
At April 27, 2011 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

I love broccoli salad! it's one of my favorites!!This one is so easy and healthy to make, too
Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

 
At April 27, 2011 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks for checking my 'W' I appreciate the comments.
Kathy at Oak Lawn Images
http://oaklawnimages.blogspot.com/

 
At April 27, 2011 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Yummy!! Stopping by from The Middle Matters hop...I already follow you! But I want to try this recipe, so I'm glad I visited!

Kristin :)
Keenly Kristin

 
At April 27, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Southpaw said...

I love broccoli. It's my favorite veggie, has been since I was a kid.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home