This Page

has been moved to new address

A - Z Blogging Challenge - W

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: A - Z Blogging Challenge - W

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A - Z Blogging Challenge - W


I have been making these delicious meatballs for many years...they take a little bit of effort but the reward is worth it!!


   “W”



Waikiki Meatballs

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
2/3 cup soda cracker crumbs
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ginger
1/4 cup milk

1 tbsp. olive oil

2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 can pineapple tidbits (14 ounces), drained (reserve syrup)
1/3 cup vinegar
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 chopped green pepper

Mix together first 7 ingredients and shape by rounded teaspoonful in balls.  Add olive oil to non-stick skillet  and brown and cook meatballs.  Remove meatballs, keep warm.  Pour any fat from skillet.
Mix together cornstarch and sugar.  Stir in reserved pineapple syrup, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth.  Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils.  Boil and stir one minute.  Add meatballs, pineapple tidbits and green pepper; heat through.

Monica

Labels:

6 Comments:

At April 27, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

These sound really delicious and moist.They seem pretty easy to make.I'm adding them to my recipe box!!
Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

 
At April 27, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Laura Josephsen said...

My mom made waikiki meatballs all the time when I was growing up. I make it now for my kids. In recent years, I substitute chicken for the meatballs and I usually substitute red/yellow pepper for the green pepper.

 
At April 27, 2011 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Ann said...

Ohhh will have to try this one.

 
At April 27, 2011 at 4:38 PM , Blogger Petra said...

Pineapple tidbits, yummy! This one is a keeper!

 
At April 27, 2011 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Southpaw said...

Sounds delicious.

 
At April 27, 2011 at 9:35 PM , Blogger FilmMattic said...

I'm I-talian, so I know a good meatball when I see one, or in this case, read about one. It does sound quite delicious. Nice recipe!

And great blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home