This Page

has been moved to new address

A - Z Blogging Challenge - T

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: A - Z Blogging Challenge - T

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A - Z Blogging Challenge - T

Although not to everyone's taste, it's my favourite pudding.  I love it cold but you can also serve it hot.





  “T” 



Tapioca Pudding
3 cups whole milk
1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca  (if you prefer traditional pearl tapioca, soak per pkg. directions)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon zest (optional)

Stir together the milk, tapioca, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 5 minutes longer.  Very, very slowly, whisk 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the beaten eggs, until incorporated.  Stir the egg mixture back into the tapioca until well mixed. Bring the pudding to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer until the pudding becomes thick enough to evenly coat the back of a metal spoon. You do need to watch this pudding very carefully as it is prone to scortching and burning.  Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla (and lemon zest).   Serve hot or cold.


Monica

Labels:

7 Comments:

At April 23, 2011 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love your recipes. Doing Key Lime Pie tomorrow (I'll let you know...) Happy Easter!

 
At April 23, 2011 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

This one sounds good. I don't believe I could do it justice, but I'll bet it would be great for a n after dinner dessert.

 
At April 23, 2011 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Luana Krause said...

This is my hubby's favorite pudding! He would love this.

 
At April 23, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Vicky said...

My husband loves tapioca also. I make it frequently using the microwave. Sometimes I eat it for breakfast!

 
At April 23, 2011 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Ruth said...

I may need to make that. I have never had tapioca, but my husband loves it. His grandma used to make it and he buys the cups once in a while. This is one thing I have never tried making.

 
At April 23, 2011 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Ann said...

I love tapioca pudding. I also love rice pudding. Making a rice pudding for Easter Sunday Lunch. YUM!

 
At May 4, 2011 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Suzanne said...

I think this is one of those things that most people have had only store-bought, and not homemade. Homemade is so superior, most people will end up liking this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home