This Page

has been moved to new address

Have you read The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: Have you read The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls?

Monday, May 16, 2011

Have you read The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls?


The book club I belong to is reading this book for May.  I just finished it and would like to know if any of you have read it?   If so, what did you think?

I found it to be one of the most remarkable memoirs I have ever read.  This is a beautifully rendered, poignant account of a totally dysfunctional family.  I found I could not put this book down,  the author had me enthralled with her story of growing up in such an unusual family.

If you're looking for an interesting and different book, I would highly recommend The Glass Castle.


Monica

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At May 16, 2011 at 9:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you,I turned 42 and I would love to go back to my reading habits once again.I am interested cause I grew up in a dysfunctional family also.

 
At May 16, 2011 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

I too, found this book difficult to put down. What an honest, enthralling read. I had to keep reminding myself that this was a true account of her life.

 
At May 16, 2011 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

I read it. I couldn't put it down, mainly because I wanted to be assured that everything turned out okay. I was pretty sure it did because of the beginning chapter. I was disgusted and horrified through most of it. The "parenting" made me terrifically angry. But, a beautiful memoir from a remarkable woman, who came through shining.

 
At May 16, 2011 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Sassy said...

I read it and sure enough, I too, could not put it down. It was a good read!

Madison

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home