This Page

has been moved to new address

Our book club's choice for March

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: Our book club's choice for March

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Our book club's choice for March



This month our Book Club is reading, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See.  I've just started reading it but some of the members  (the "keeners"!!) have already read it and seemed to have gained a lot of insight into another culture.
 
Have you read this book?  What are your thoughts?


Don't give away any surprises...remember I've just started it!!



Monica

March 27/11 - Update - just finished this book, I quite liked it and found it to be an absorbing novel and very different from anything else I had ever read.  The story takes place in 19th century China and I found it very interesting to learn about other cultures and how other people lived.  Would definitely recommend this book.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At March 15, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Jade Rahl said...

I haven't read it. The cover's pretty enough to make me wanna check it out though >.>

Newest follower from The Middle Matters Blog Hop.
Please stop by my blog and return the follow.
http://slepperymind.blogspot.com
Thanks and have an awesome weekend! :)

 
At March 15, 2011 at 4:00 PM , Blogger tawna6988 said...

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com. A big RED hello to a fellow Canadian eh!!!

I am already a follower of your wonderful blog!
Tawna

 
At March 15, 2011 at 6:24 PM , Blogger XLMIC said...

I haven't read it... but I think I must ... one of my children has a name that means "snow flower" :)

 
At March 15, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

Hi Monica, thanks for checking out my blog. I love the idea of a book club and will check out that book next time I'm at the book store. Your Living Green tips are a great idea too. A lot of it is plain common sense but your blog puts it in "black and white" which makes your readers think. I look forward to staying in touch :)

 
At March 17, 2011 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Lesley said...

I have read this book and really enjoyed it. I hope you like it!

 
At March 17, 2011 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Lynda said...

Thanks for swinging by 2 Against 1 - Twins, following back now and happy I did. I love the concept of your blog, very original. Always happy to find a fellow canadian as well :) Happy St. Patty's Day!

 
At March 18, 2011 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Scather said...

Thanks for visiting my book blog, scathingweekly.blogspot.com!
Lovely to see you have a book club here - I'm now following!

 
At March 18, 2011 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Stephanie @ henry happened said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - now following back! And I'm excited about your book choice - have been wanting to read that.

-henry happened

 
At March 18, 2011 at 9:08 PM , Blogger LaVonne said...

I haven't heard of this one. I will check it out on Amazon. :)

Thanks for coming by and following my blog. Come back by anytime.

I will now return the favor!

Blessings and Happy Weekend.

 
At March 25, 2011 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hi Monica, Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comments & for following my food blog :))
we did read this book for our book club and it near broke my heart, because the silver lining that I was looking for never did show up! It has been a while - but i do remember it broke my heart! Would love to check in on you and see what topic you are on to next - I am all for green, including in my food and recipes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home