This Page

has been moved to new address

Induced Menopause

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: Induced Menopause

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Induced Menopause

Induced menopause is usually defined as menopause which occurs as the result of an unusual event, such as, ovarian damage from medication, chemotherapy, or radiation exposure, ovarian malfunction or by surgical removal of both ovaries (bilateral oopherectomy), which may also be referred to as, surgically induced menopause.

Induced menopause, (both surgically and non-surgically), can occur at any age after puberty and before natural, spontaneous menopause occurs.

With (non-surgically) induced menopause, there may be a short transition as damaged ovaries shut down production of hormones over a period of time. By contrast, surgically induced menopause occurs immediately following surgery.


I referenced the following sites for the information contained in this post –

http://www.natural-progesterone-advisory-network.com/the-effects-of-induced-menopause/

http://www.womensweb.ca/health/repro/menopause/index.php

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=8951


Disclaimer -The material provided on this site is designed for information and educational purposes only. The materials are not intended to be a self diagnostic and/or self treatment tool. I encourage you to use this information as a tool for discussing your condition with your health practitioner.

Monica

Labels:

14 Comments:

At March 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

Going through it naturally is hard enough at my age. I can't comprehend how difficult it would be to be thrown into it immediately after, say, surgery and at a much younger age!!!
good information !!!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 11:14 PM , Blogger BrendaC said...

Monica, thanks so much for dropping by, so glad you decided to do the Goodreads reading challenge, be sure and check my blog often for book giveaways, usually there is low entries so its a good bet you just might win! I look forward to following your goodreads progress!

 
At March 10, 2011 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Dari said...

I know people that have had the surgically induced menopause and the hormonal reaction is horrible. I think it should be a last resort measure, personally.

Thankyou for following Mom in Management! I'm following you back.

 
At March 10, 2011 at 4:09 PM , Blogger Angie (Wallabygold Accessories) said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog www.mywallabygold.com/blog. Pure maple syrup is definitely the best on homemade pancakes :)

I hope you are having a good day

 
At March 10, 2011 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Sassy said...

Monica, thank you for a very informative and interesting post! And thank you for visiting my blog.:)
Madison
All Around Autism

 
At March 10, 2011 at 10:51 PM , Blogger NPC said...

Hi there, thanks for stopping by and participating on Canadian Charisma! Please come back every Thursday for the blog hop and meet more ladies! Look forward in talking soon!

 
At March 10, 2011 at 11:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is very interesting! Thanks for sharing!
I am glad you joined Canadian Charisma and look forward to visiting often! Thanks for liking up!

 
At March 11, 2011 at 12:43 AM , Blogger Reagan and Trevor's Mommy said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I am following you now too!

 
At March 11, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Blogger ... said...

Well hello Monica...I love the title of your blog. Cute, really.

This is Salma from My Mommymoon. Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. I am your newest follower. Have a great week-end.

 
At March 11, 2011 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hello there! Thanks so much for linking up! I am following you back. Looking forward to what you have to say here. Have a fantastic weekend!!

Alissia
http://tips4green.blogspot.com

 
At March 11, 2011 at 2:53 PM , Blogger RaisingGreenRichmondKids said...

Thanks for the follow and following you back.

 
At March 11, 2011 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

Hi!! New Follower from the hop!!

 
At March 12, 2011 at 12:04 AM , Blogger XLMIC said...

Ugh... the phase that no one talks about... I am 47 almost 48 and dealing with perimenopause... ugh. So. Not. Fun. lol Because I have little kids, most of my 'peers' are younger and haven't a clue what I am talking about or going through! And can't imagine it ever happening to them! lol

Great post!

 
At March 12, 2011 at 12:08 AM , Blogger Penny said...

Thanks for following me at Tupelo Deals. Following you back.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home