This Page

has been moved to new address

First Post of the New Year ~ 2012 ~

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: First Post of the New Year ~ 2012 ~

Sunday, January 1, 2012

First Post of the New Year ~ 2012 ~



All the New Years Eve celebrations are over at our house, just the remnants of our small get together left to clean up! 


I always have mixed feelings surrounding New Years Day.  On one hand it's the beginning of a new year, complete with all the hopes and dreams that a new beginning brings.  On the other hand I feel sad that all the special excitement, family time and fun that is Christmas is now behind us.


We traditionally have a big ham dinner on New Years Day, however, this year, apparently I left my ham shopping a little too late.  I couldn't find a spiral cut ham anywhere, we went to Costco, Sobeys and three Superstores...all sold out :(


So, this year we're going to cozy up at home and maybe play a board game and instead of ham, this year we're having salmon and haddock...I guess that's not too bad a compromise!


Do you have a traditional dinner or activity for New Years Day? 


Tell me all about it, I love hearing how others celebrate special holidays!


Happy New Year and I hope everyone has a wonderful 2012!


Monica

2 Comments:

At January 2, 2012 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

We used to have a family get together when the four girls were younger, but over the years we seemed to have let it slide. So, I think Jan 1, 2013 will be the day to start it all over again! Thanks for the reminder.

 
At January 2, 2012 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Monica said...

@Kathy, being with family is a really great way to start the new year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home