This Page

has been moved to new address

~ Fishing in Alaska ~

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: ~ Fishing in Alaska ~

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

~ Fishing in Alaska ~

My daughter just sent me this story and I had to share it with you.
It warms my heart that such kind and good people are in the world.  I hope it warms your heart too! 


The Best Day Of Fishing Ever!
I've heard of salmon jumping into boats, but never anything quite like this... 
Tom Satre told the Sitka Gazette that he was out with a charter group on his 62-foot
fishing vessel when four juvenile black-tailed deer swam directly toward his boat.

(PHOTO CREDIT - UNKNOWN)

"Once the deer reached the boat, the four began to circle the boat, looking
directly at us.  We could tell right away that the young bucks were distressed.
I opened up my back gate and we helped the typically skittish and absolutely wild animals onto the boat.  In all my years fishing, I've never seen anything quite like it!
Once onboard, they collapsed with exhaustion, shivering."

(PHOTO CREDIT - UNKNOWN)

"This is a picture I took of the rescued bucks on the back of my boat, the Alaska
Quest.  We headed for Taku Harbour .  Once we reached
the dock, the first buck that we had been pulled from the water hopped
onto the dock, looked back as if to say 'thank you' and disappeared into the forest.
After a bit of prodding and assistance, two more followed, but the smallest deer needed a little more help."
(PHOTO CREDIT - UNKNOWN)


"This is me carrying the little guy."
(PHOTO CREDIT - UNKNOWN)

 "My daughter, Anna, and son, Tim, helped the last buck to its feet.
We didn't know how long they had been in the icy waters or if there
had been others who did not survive.  My daughter later told me that the
experience was something that she would never forget, and I suspect the deer felt
the same way as well!"


What an amazing story and I want to say a HUGE thank you to the Captain, Tom Satre, the crew and anyone who helped turn this into a happy ending!

Monica

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 7, 2011 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

What a great story! Thanks for sharing.
I wish all the photos showed up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home