This Page

has been moved to new address

Living Green, One Tip at a Time - (a weekly feature)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: Living Green, One Tip at a Time - (a weekly feature)

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Living Green, One Tip at a Time - (a weekly feature)

Tip # 35
Lower your thermostat by 4-5 degrees Celsius




With the colder winter months now upon us, our energy consumption starts to rise dramatically.  You can save energy if you:

  • Lower your thermostat by 4-5 degrees Celsius (7-9 degrees Fahrenheit) while you're sleeping at night and when no one is at home.
  • Install a programmable thermostat.  You can save 2% on your heating bill for every degree Celsius you turn down your thermostat.
Monica


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At November 26, 2011 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

I try to remember to do that. Most days I do and it drives my husband crazy that I go around adjusting all the thermostats.

 
At November 26, 2011 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

I like it a bit cool anyway. When I get chilly, I grab a blanket.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home