This Page

has been moved to new address

Sweet November ????

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Older Mommy Still Yummy: Sweet November ????

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sweet November ????



Many people dread the beginning of winter. 

  • The shorter days.
  • Cooler, OK... COLDER weather.
  • The pending snow and long winter.
  • Shovelling snow.  
  • Scraping icy cars

For some odd reason, I'm not one of those people.  I love the fall.  

  • The beautiful, sunny, crisp days which are perfect for walking.  
  • The brilliant blue sky.
  • Multicoloured foliage. 
  • The first fire of the season, crackling in the wood stove.  The smell of which never fails to remind me of going to my grandmother's farm.
  • Looking forward to the day when the landscape will be wearing a stunning and pristine white coat. 
  • The excitement of a coming snowstorm and the relief when everyone is home, safe and sound.
  • Big Sunday dinners of turkey, roast beef and meatloaf.
  • Hot apple cider, hot chocolate topped with a dollop of freshly whipped cream.

Do you fall (pun intended lol) into the former or latter group?


Monica 

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At November 12, 2011 at 11:51 PM , Blogger Bethe77 said...

Sadly I have to say I would much perfer the dog days of Summer. But i do have to admit I love many of the reason you love Fall. I just dont like being cold and Im not fond of shorter days.. But I do love the Fall foilge and colors. The smeel of the fire crackling and hot chocolate and apple cider to mention some of the reason I dont mind the Fall and Winter and can get by. Though my favortie hoilday is Christmas. I love white Christmas and crips snow faling in the air with a fire in the fire place with the smell of pine from the Christmas tree. to name a few.
Blessings

 
At November 13, 2011 at 1:30 AM , Blogger Pondside said...

I fall somewhere in the middle of those two. I love the colours of autumn, the smell in the air after the first snowfall, fires in the grate and cosy cups of tea. I really dislike scraping the windshield, shoveling the drive and hauling water to the hens and goats.

 
At November 13, 2011 at 8:38 AM , Blogger shelly said...

I live in Florida so there's not much change accept when it gets cold. I love the cold air.

 
At November 13, 2011 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

I like the changing seasons. It give me something to look forward to when the end of 'old' season is drawing near.
I like the warm evenings in Summer, the lazy days spent in the shade, the abundance of flowers. In Fall, I like the crisp cool air, being able to get out in the yard without the bugs, the glorious colours of the changing leaves. In Winter I love the crisp snows(not the shoveling, a lot, but I don't even mind a little of that). Then the new fresh growth of the Spring and that smell in the air is always exciting.
I guess I'm living in the right place for all of that

 
At November 13, 2011 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

Did you notice the year on you posted calendar? he,he

 
At November 13, 2011 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

I love the fall ... the air is so fresh and nippy.

 
At November 13, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Maegan Morin said...

I LOVE Fall for reasons from column A and column B...I love that its getting darker and I like the snow as long as it doesnt get too too cold. But you forgot to mention the most important reason to love fall... The bugs are all dead (or hibernating) ;)

 
At November 13, 2011 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Karen Gordon said...

Hi Monica! You have a nice blog! I'm a new follower from finding new friends hop.

I love fall! The colors, smell, everything!

You are welcome to visit us at

http://we-makepeople.blogspot.com
http://ggs-kitchen.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home